Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 1 EOC: What sacrifices are you willing to make for your Career?

In any case to put one's self in a better position, that person must make certain sacrifices. For example, to get a better job or just even that first job straight out of college, you might have to take a pay cut, move to a new location, or even work for free, which is not the same as a pay cut mind you... All of these simple sacrifices may seem trivial, because just about everyone in their lifetime has had the unpleasant experience of at least one or the other, but they ultimately are worth it in the end. In my own case I had to take a pay cut (by a lot) in order to open a door that will lead me on to the next chapter. The next sacrifice that I made is one that most people take for granted; the freedom of being on their own. I honestly never thought having my own kitchen would be so important! In the end, I have learned that these sacrifices are small sacrifices that are necessary in order to get ahead in life, bringing my family and I to where we would ultimately like to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment